The Lafayette School Corp. has approved five contracts, totaling $11.07 million, for the Greater Lafayette Career Academy, the Journal & Courier reported.
The school board plans to turn the former Lafayette Life building into a career center. Here is the list of the approved contracts:
– General maintenance: J.C. Ripberger Construction for $4.85 million
– Food service: Stafford-Smith for $386,914
– Fire protection: Ryan Fireprotection for $141,000
– Heating and cooling: Trane: Heating and Air Conditioning Services and Systems for $5.69 million
– The fifth contract approved was issued for asbestos management to the Indianapolis firm SSI for $75,700.
The career academy is scheduled to be completed in 2020.