More than 600 people from more than 60 Northwest Indiana companies gathered on May 10 to mark achievements in construction safety and excellence throughout area projects.
The Northwest Indiana Business RoundTable (NWIBRT) and the Construction Advancement Foundation (CAF) gave out the awards at the banquet in Merrillville.
“There are a lot of tough, hardworking people in the construction industries, and they can’t afford to shirk their responsibilities when it comes to safety,” Indiana 105.5 FM quoted Rick Foor, NWIBRT safety committee chairman and Cargill–Hammond’s health and safety manager. “Everyone takes it seriously, and we’re proud of all the members of NWIBRT for their commitment.”
The CAF’s portion of the evening focused on project and companies that formed a unique picture of NWI’s growth overall and the vitality of its building trades.”
“Construction in one form or another is involved with almost every economic development opportunity our region experiences. It’s a major engine driving our economy forward,” said CAF executive director Dewey Pearman. “Every day, the people in NWI’s union construction industry deliver on their promise to produce quality project outcomes. We’re proud to celebrate their achievements with these well-deserved awards, but perhaps the biggest rewards come from seeing the actual use of their efforts. Our builders are establishing schools where future generations will grow, hospitals where miracles will take place, roads that will carry people home – the infrastructure that supports us all. They deserve our appreciation.”
Here’s a list of the award winners:
2018 NWIBRT Award Winners for safety (Awards are for the year 2017)
• ACMS Group, Inc.
• AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc.
• BMWC Constructors, Inc.
• KM Plant Services, Inc.
• Korellis Roofing, Inc.
• Larson-Danielson Construction, Inc.
• Matrix North America Construction
• M & O Insulation Company
• Meade Industries, Inc.
• Morrison Construction Company
• Rieth-Riley Construction Co., Inc.
• Sargent Electric Company
• Superior Construction Company, Inc.
• Thatcher Foundations Inc.
• Tonn and Blank Construction
• Tranco Industrial Services, Inc.
• Walsh & Kelly, Inc.
• Brock Industrial Services, LLC
• DLZ Industrial, LLC
• Graycor Industrial Constructors Inc.
• Interstate Environmental Services, Inc.
• M. J. Electric, LLC.
• Airgas On-Site Safety Services
• Ambitech Engineering Corporation
• Amex Nooter, LLC
• ATC Group Services LLC.
• Barton Malow Company
• Cannon Sline Industrial, Inc.
• Catsi, Inc.
• Cornerstone Electrical Consultants, Inc.
• EMCOR Hyre Electric
• Falk-PLI Engineering & Surveying
• Fluor Constructors International
• Hasse Construction Company, Inc.
• Hayes Mechanical, LLC.
• Imperial Crane Services, Inc.
• Job-Site Safety, LTD
• MC Industrial, Inc.
• Middough Inc.
• N.A. Logan, Inc.
• Nooter Construction, Inc.
• Orbital Engineering, Inc.
• R. J. Mycka, Inc.
• Solid Platforms, Inc.
• Stevenson Crane Service, Inc.
• The Pangere Corporation
• The Ross Group, Inc.
• Total Safety U.S., Inc.
• Valdes Engineering Company
Owner Excellence in Leadership Award
• Cargill Incorporated
Company of the Year Award: Falk PLI Engineering & Surveying
Contractor of the Year Award: Solid Platforms, Inc.
Roger Walters Award: Steven Arndt, president, Job-Site Safety
2018 CAF Construction Award Winners
Contractor of the Year
• Commercial Contractor of the Year: Gariup Construction Co., Inc.
• Industrial Contractor of the Year: The Ross Group, Inc.
• Specialty Contractor of the Year: Thatcher Foundations, Inc.
• Professional & Engineering Services Contractor of the Year: DLZ
• Highway Contractor of the Year: Superior Construction Co., Inc.
Project of the Year
• Industrial-Capital Project of the Year: The Ross Group, Inc.
• Commercial Project of the Year: Hasse Construction Company, Inc.; Tonn & Blank Construction
• Public Works Project of the Year: Superior Construction Company, Inc.
Excellence in Professional Development
• Larson-Danielson Construction Company