On behalf of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao awarded billions of dollars to airports around the country, including ones in Indiana.
In total, Indiana airports will receive $12.26 billion. This funding is considered to be the fourth allotment of Airport Improvement Program (AIP) funding.
“This significant investment in airport improvements in Florida will fund construction and rehabilitation projects that will help maintain high levels of safety in U.S. aviation,” said Chao.
The money will be distributed to a number of projects, including:
- $1.12 million to Monroe County Airport in Bloomington for taxiway rehabilitation.
- $455,850 to Columbus Municipal Airport to update the airport Master Plan study.
- $982,300 to Mettel Field in Connersville for runway rehabilitation.
- $450,000 to Delphi Municipal Airport for building construction.
- $600,000 to Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport in Fishers to install perimeter fencing.
- $652,860 to Goshen Municipal Airport for taxiway rehabilitation.
- $385,553 to Putnam County Regional Airport in Greencastle to install perimeter fencing.
- $150,000 to Eagle Creek Airpark in Indianapolis to install perimeter fencing.
- $4.74 million to Indianapolis International Airport for taxiway and apron rehabilitation and security enhancements.
- $945,100 to La Porte Municipal Airport for taxiway and apron rehabilitation.
- $823,500 to Logansport/Cass County Airport for runway lighting.
- $360,000 to Indianapolis Regional Airport in McCordsville to update the airport Master Plan study.
- $455,717 to Freeman Municipal Airport in Seymour for taxiway rehabilitation.
- $71,820 to Perry County Municipal Airport in Tell City for runway lighting.
- $63,000 to Arens Field in Winamac for runway lighting.
The FAA will award grants to 232 airports in 43 states, including American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands and Puerto Rico. Selected projects include runway reconstruction and rehabilitation, construction of firefighting facilities, and the maintenance of taxiways, aprons, and terminals.